In this episode, Ms. Marisha joins us to discuss how we can redefine what happiness and success look like – in love, work and life. Throughout her career, she noticed an awareness gap with people not understanding what they were bringing to the experiences they were having. These behaviors can majorly impact the relationships in your life. Deepening your understanding – and having someone on your side to help you to do so – can shift your narrative to living the life you’ve always wanted.
Scroll to the bottom for the video!
Ms. Marisha is a RelationSHIFT™ Coach who helps people to rethink what’s possible for them in their lives. She is a gifted counselor, educator, matchmaker and coach and works with busy professionals nationwide. Through mindfulness and writing, Marisha was able to find her voice, which allowed her to build her mental and physical health and follow her passion of guiding others. She now helps people to live their version of happily ever after in life, work and love.
Influence and Happiness
- Marisha started RelationSHIFT™ about 6 months after she started matchmaking.
- What started out as a one-on-one coaching practice expanded into helping companies improve how their teams live.
- She believes when people live by their definition of happiness, they are the most fulfilled.
- We tend to live in the shadows of other people’s expectations.
- Amazing things can happen when you have a coach to sit on the sideline, assessing what your doing in the game of love and life and tell you where you could perform a little bit better.
- Our thoughts influence how we show up and perform – when you think a little bit differently, you can behave a bit differently and ultimately, get the results you are looking for.
The Role of ‘Soulmates’
- When you become clear in what you want and the path you are on, it creates confidence.
- When you’re confident, you can walk into any area of life and know what you want can be yours.
- Next, develop your skills and then you can connect. The best way to develop any skill is to go out and experience it – the good and the bad.
- Our souls mate with whoever they are supposed to – not just one person but we can all learn from everyone.
- When you cross paths with someone, it’s because you needed to learn something – you can become a different person from that encounter – stay open to that.
- Through these encounters, we develop these skills and become aware.
- But, you have to show up. If you don’t show up, you could miss your opportunity to meet the person you’re supposed to meet.
- Dating apps have created a grass is greener mentality.
- There are so many options that you always wonder what else is out there.
- You can expect things to always get better on their own and if they don’t, it’s easy to move on.
- What we really need to do is go back to that clarity – know who you are and then you can go out to the places that align with who you are.
- It’s okay to have a list but be flexible and look for qualities over the superficial things.
- There are two different parts to communication.
- We communicate to understand, but we also have to listen.
- Because if we listen, we can gain a new perspective.
- If we don’t listen, we dismiss the opportunity to learn.
- We need to do both to fully communicate.
When you are clear, all decisions become easier. (5:05)
When you cross paths with someone, it’s because you needed to learn something from them and grow and be a different person from that encounter with that person. (9:27)
I don’t tell you what to do. I just hold you accountable for that narrative that you say you want to feel. (42:53)
Don’t be a perfectionist, it will definitely rob you of what really matters. (44:42)
Because when you live from that inner place, everything outside just is a reflection of that inner journey. (46:07)
Connect With Ms. Marisha On
Thanks For Listening!
Leave your comment below.
Ask a question by sending on our contact page.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us.