This episode is a family affair, in which Val and his brothers Vince and Charles reflect on the journey of launching a video podcast and now having 10 episodes, as well how to deal with the fear that stops the most from going for what they want.
- Val was struggling in life and business, building something completely from scratch. Now, it’s all coming together – people are benefiting from Val’s journey. Everyone has to start somewhere.
- When people become successful, they can make it look easy, but there is so much work that goes on behind the scenes and there are no shortcuts to success.
- You have to be willing to take one step at a time and then one day, you will look back and see how far you’ve come.
How to Achieve Success
- No matter what your background or current career is, most businesses only have a certain level of success that you can reach – unless you are working for yourself.
- Even if your first attempt at a new endeavor feels like a failure, you just have to tweak your goals, regroup and keep going.
- Understand that setbacks are just a part of the journey and won’t affect how successful you will become as long as you keep taking steps forward.
- Even in the gym, it takes some people years to get to where they are now, success doesn’t happen overnight.
- Even the strongest of us have fear, but realize that courage is also there too and you have to let that courage drive you.
- You may not begin to move forward until you feel completely fed up with where you are, but there is no timeline on courage.
- Be aware that you need a circle, find a support system that can help you.
- People can unintentionally stick around energy that drains them. Try to stay away from people who bring you down, don’t believe in your purpose or try to force you to be someone that you’re not.
- Meeting like minded people will help you to open your mind to the possibilities in life.
Finding Yourself After Feeling Lost
- Focus on searching for who you are and committing to personal development to find self love, awareness, and create new passions.
- Love yourself first. With social media, we see ‘perfect’ lives every day and some people love other people’s lives more than their own – live your purpose, focus on and put more energy into your own life.
- If you don’t feel like you are where you are supposed to be, conserve your energy by dialing back and spending more time with yourself and your ideas.
- You may not get to the point where you admit you are lost until you are in so much pain, but you can change your life before you get to that point.
“We’re so in our mind about things that we forget to experience life.”
“Once you get on top of that mountain, it’s irreplaceable. You can’t get that anywhere else.”
“People are afraid to start in a place where they could potentially be embarrassed. People are so afraid to start with low numbers, but everyone who has started has started with low numbers!”
“There is a certain power that derives from overcoming your fears, and within that power, you start to create opportunities for yourself.”
“You have to be open in order to find spiritual energy. You have to be open to refocusing your mind and have a clean slate.”
“Look in the mirror everyday, really look at yourself and say ‘I Love You’.”
“If you don’t, from the bottom of your heart, have that conversation with yourself and want it so bad that it hurts, you aren’t going to find yourself.”
“Ask yourself the right questions. What am I good at doing? What do I enjoy doing? What am I good at doing that I enjoy doing?”
“This whole 9-5 thing isn’t going to make you rich. It can make you comfortable in life, but that’s never the goal. Continue to be uncomfortable because that’s where the fruit is.”
Thanks For Listening!
Leave your comment below.
Ask a question by sending on our contact page.
To help out the show:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us.